Re: Regarding Nirmal Kumar's Membership Application

I have a proposal for application_status.txt or in general for
applications. Seems like we don't note the applicant mail to
membership-committee mailing list untill it's rejected or approved. This
way we need to do same thing twice or more, we have to look for mailing
list everytime we need info while applicant is on investiation period.
We can always find them but maybe it's better to note the archive url to
application_status.txt in a new field or as an other tidier way, we
might start a new directory in applications directory and call it
'onhold'. We can create applicant files with their mails in the file as
in other directories. Then later when they are approved or rejected we
can directly move the files to appropriate directory.

As an another proposal, I want to offer something about voting issue. I
propose that we should only wait negative votes on mailing list for
minor issues. And that time span should be like at most a week, my idea
is to keep it 3 or 4 days, which is fair enough time for everyone to
check their mails. The process is, when someone asked to list to do
something, only negative ideas should send oppositions to mailing list.
That would either lower the list traffic, also it makes things process
faster. What do you think about this? We are doing that on gnome-turk
mailing lists and it works great. Of course eloborations on the issues
should be send, but on default votes should be 'green' unless otherwise
is mentioned.