Re: Elections

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 12:21:18AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Vincent Untz">

Guys: you have to take a decision. I'm a bit uncomfortable with having to
announce the elections without knowing if the voting will be anonymous or
not. Or should I announce the elections and say that the voting process is
still unknown ?

Perhaps just announce the timeline, and put out the request for nominations
in the mean time?

I would like to see a referendum passed concerning anonymous voting.
The exact method of anonymous voting should be defined.  Then you can
have a simple Yes/No box to check which way the member wants to vote.
This way will provide an exact method of voting for the board
elections.  It will also clarify the voting guidelines for future
membership committees instead of providing little to no guidance.

I do not believe we should have the referendum before the board
elections.  I believe this will confuse the board elections and could
seem like someone it trying to influence the board elections.  I think
the appropriate time for the referendum is after the board elections.
This will separate the debate concerning anonymous voting from the
board elections instead of the elections being solely about the
referendum.

Eric Baudais

--
They give you illusion that has the appearance of truth.  I give you
truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion.