Re: Elections

<quote who="Vincent Untz">

If you have any comment on the calendar, please, please, tell me
quickly, before I announce it.

Calendar looks great to me, thanks Vincent.

I posted this sometimes ago, and got no real feedback:

(Where was this posted? Somehow I missed it completely, and I think the rest
of the board at last night's meeting might have too...)

      * we send a mail with a unique key to each member.
      * the members go to a webpage where they'll vote. To vote, they
        need to enter their key and choose up to 11 candidates.
      * the script sends the vote to vote gnome org and, if the member
        has specified an e-mail address, bcc the mail to this address.
        This way, the mail will be anonymous and archived.
      * people can override their vote if they want by returning to
        the webpage.

It'd be really great to have some comments or other ideas on how to do
anonymous voting.

A couple of meetings back, the board decided that we should either stay with
the status quo, or go with the findings of a casual referendum. There hasn't
been enough time to have the referendum, so I feel that we should stay with
the same system (in terms of process *and* technology) as last year. We can
sort out anonymous voting for next year.

Although I think your outline of the process is great (pending some input on
the security of the IDs and hashing, etc), I don't believe we should shift
to anonymous voting until we've had the casual referendum, to ensure that
our membership agrees with the change.

(Speaking only for myself here, not the wishes of the board; there will most
likely be some disagreement on this point, and it should be discussed.)

Thanks Vincent,

- Jeff

   For a list of reasons why technology has failed to improve our lives,
                              please press 3.