Re: GNOME Foundation Membership - Denied

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 13:57, Ghee Seng Teo wrote:
Hi,
      I can make it tonight for 7.00 p.m. Irish time (which is 6.00 p.m.
      GMT+2 ). Tomorrow night will be a bit tricky, got to go for a wedding
      ceremonial rehersal wich will be on Saturday. { BTW, not mine, but have
      to be a translator }

I'm going to be away from Sunday evening and unlikely to be around in
the evenings [Thurs, Fri and Sat] also - but you really don't need me
anyway :)

      I think Martin Baulig's application can be rather simpler if he does
      describes his application developed in GNOME. Given that the guy
      only has stopped work in GNOME for 1 year for good reasons.

Although Martin has said that he won't be coming back to GNOME
development - unless he gets involved with gtk#?

      What we do need to talk about is the general principles whether we
      runs against. I think we need backing from the board either in the
      form of clarification of the process or otherwise. For example,
      should there be an appeal process where the appeal will be heard
      from within a certain timeframe etc.

There already is an appeal process of sorts - they mail the board. But
yeah, we need to get a list of guidelines...and we probably should wait
until the board gets back to us on this.

                        See ya,
                                Glynn ;)