Re: [Fwd: Membership reviews.]

Le 08 Oct 2002 11:01:02 -0400, Miguel de Icaza a ecrit :

Hello,

Hi Miguel !

First: thank you for forwarding your mail.

    As part of the last meeting of the Gnome board, I volunteered to
help the membership committee to review the applications, and also to
review the memberships that were not approved.

    The new guidelines that we came up with at the board meeting were
designed to be more inclusive than they had been before, and would
basically mean that anyone that was previously a foundation member and
did apply to have his membership renewed, would get the membership
renewed.

    Since I have just been signed up to the mailing list, I would like
to catch up and see where I can help.

I don't know if you read the archives, but I'll summarize the whole
thing.

When Mike resigned, we decided to freeze the applications processing for
some time. We should have end this freeze last week, but some of us (I,
at least) were not totally satisfied with the new guidelines.

However you can already help by approving or rejecting 'easy'
applications (that means rejecting spam or invalid applications, and
approving people who are clearly okay).

One other work that has to be done is the preparation of the elections.
We have the calendar, but that's just the beginning. We need to update
the election rules, prepare the scripts, look for questions. And there
surely are other things to do. This is clearly a work in progress.

Ok. That's it. Everyone: feel free to correct me if I wrote something
totally wrong :) I'm going to bed now [1].

Vincent

[1] That means I'm tired. You will notice that I'm often tired. This is
something I'd like to explain. Maybe not enough sleep... Anyway, that
doesn't matter :)

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.