Re: Next steps for the elections

Le 05 Nov 2002 11:30:20 +0000, Glynn Foster a ecrit :

I looked at every nomination. It seems we have 22 candidates. There
are two invalid nominations (Gegl and Rhett Creighton are not
members of the GNOME Foundation). And it seems there is a third
invalid nomination. This one is quite embarrasing: it's Jim Gettys'
nomination. It seems he has not renewed his membership. Could
someone confirm this ?

The only invalid nomination to my mind is Gegl. I don't think there is
any requirement for a non-foundation member not to be able to go for
the board. Membership allows you to vote, it doesn't say that you
can't go for the board...unless I've mis-read somewhere? I think there
have been a couple of people who ran [and got elected] previously.
This would count Jim Gettys in, along with Rhett. I guess I could be
biased as I would like to see Jim on next years board though ;)

Sadly, I think you are a bit biased here. See the by-laws, article VIII,
2, b. I'd like to see Jim on the board too. And I'm pretty sure that
there will be some comments if his candidacy is rejected. Maybe a
flame-war... We'll see with Jim.

Glynn: Thanks for the help you gave

Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.