Next steps for the elections

Hi all

Sooo: the nominations for the elections are closed and we have enough
candidates. This is a Good Thing.

I looked at every nomination. It seems we have 22 candidates. There are
two invalid nominations (Gegl and Rhett Creighton are not members of the
GNOME Foundation). And it seems there is a third invalid nomination.
This one is quite embarrasing: it's Jim Gettys' nomination. It seems he
has not renewed his membership. Could someone confirm this ?

So, what's next ?

I'm preparing the official list of candidates and asking some candidates
for some informations they didn't give (mostly summaries and
affiliations). This will be ready really soon (tomorrow evening, if
everything goes well).

One other thing that should be quickly is choosing the questions we'll
send to the candidates. After some thoughts, I'm not sure we should send
the 10 same questions that were sent last year because some of the
candidates already were candidate last year and already answered these
questions. However, these 10 questions are 10 good questions and it's
not easy to find questions like those. As for me, I'd like to see a
question about the membership guidelines. Something like 'What do you
think of the new membership guidelines?'. Not sure if it is a good idea,
though.

A third TODO thing is processing the remaining applications before
November 25th (when the ballots go out). This should be done quite
easily.

The last thing to do is preparing the technical stuff for the ballots.
Who's interested in managing this? I can do it (and I'm okay to do it),
but if there is someone else who wants to do it, that's not a problem :)

Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.