Developing in Windows

Hi y'all,

Can one develop and build this in Windows, or do I need to use Linux? If it needs to be Linux as I suspect, does anyone have a virtual machine they don't mind giving me, by chance? It'd save me a bit of time, though it's not necessary. If it can be built in Windows, how? I keep getting this error:

> compiling gresources
> glib-compile-resources --target=build\data\org.gnome.meld.gresource --sourcedir=meld/resources meld/resources/meld.gresource.xml
> error: command 'glib-compile-resources' failed: No such file or directory

Have a delightful day!

Sincerely,
Waldo