Re: Compare directories without subdirectories

On 26 July 2018 at 16:43, Jonathan Belsewir via meld-list
<meld-list gnome org> wrote:
Hi Meld-Team,

Sometimes I want to compare two directories without subdirectories.
The best way would be a new option to allow that
like in Windows "windiff.exe"  option "-d".

My workaround for the time being is:
mkdir tmp1
mkdir tmp2

cp dir1/*  tmp1
cp dir1/.* tmp1

cp dir2/*  tmp2
cp dir2/.* tmp2

meld tmp1 tmp2

Maybe someone know a better wordaround
without changing the sources?

There's no option for doing that in Meld (and without an elegant UI, I
wouldn't want there to be).

However, I'm not sure that I understand what the goal is here. I think
you're basically asking for folder comparison to not descend into
directories? Are the subdirectories too big to compare or something?

cheers,
Kai