Re: Compare directories without subdirectories

Le 2018-07-27 à 20:10, Kai Willadsen via meld-list a écrit :
On 26 July 2018 at 16:43, Jonathan Belsewir via meld-list
<meld-list gnome org> wrote:
Hi Meld-Team,

Sometimes I want to compare two directories without subdirectories.
The best way would be a new option to allow that
like in Windows "windiff.exe"  option "-d".

[...]

There's no option for doing that in Meld (and without an elegant UI, I
wouldn't want there to be).

However, I'm not sure that I understand what the goal is here. I think
you're basically asking for folder comparison to not descend into
directories? Are the subdirectories too big to compare or something?

If the subdirectories contain many files, which can be quite common, it can save considerable time to compare only the current directories, and maybe compare some subdirectories separately.

One is not necessarily comparing the sources of a single package, which is unlikely to be very large.

To me this lack is an important weakness of meld.

cheers,
Kai

--
André