Re: Update Windows binaries

On 29 April 2018 at 06:06, Vasily Galkin <galkin-vv yandex ru> wrote:
<snip>
Msys2 project itself has some scripts for building meld package -
https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/tree/master/mingw-w64-meld3

But they use patched setup.py, not setup_win32.py (and of course don't package msi installer).

There's been talk in the past of packaging something else instead of
MSIs. Ideally, I'd prefer to keep the MSI installer... but in reality
that's trumped by having an installer that someone actually
understands and can update.

I think the only real requirements for the Windows build is that it
ends up in a form that we can distribute without users having to think
about GTK+ or Python, and that it's automatable. Everything else is a
bonus.

In other words, if fixing our packaging story also involves using NSIS
or whatever, go for it. I'll be sad about the upgrade path, but I can
deal.

Kai