meld slow to close

We recently upgraded to Debian 8, which induced me to change from gnome
classic to xfce.
Since then, I frequently see meld take up to 20 or 30 seconds just to close
at the close button or a ctrl-Q, frequently accompanied by a 'window not
responding' message from the window manager. Until now, it has always
terminated, but it is annoying if you want to go quickly through a couple of
dozens of file diffs. BTW, my main use is from "svn diff --diff-cmd=meld A B"

It occurs randomly, sometimes on really tiny files, and usually unmodified
files.

Has someone observed this same behaviour?

Many thanks,
Martien