Very slow Windows startup

Dear List members,

Having installed 3.14.2 on Windows 7 64bit for use with TortoiseSVN, I noticed the start up lag is intolerably slow (about 30-40 sec). Makes rapid svn diffs hard to do. Shame, because on Linux meld merge is by far the best tool.

It is quite possible that this is quirk of my machine or due to some anti-virus software (over which I have no control).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to trouble shoot this ?

Much appreciated,

Gertjan