Re: Meld on Windows

Ooh.  Very cool.  I didn't realize that.  I'll check it out.

-Keegan

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 27 March 2014 05:51, Keegan Witt <keeganwitt gmail com> wrote:
Cool!  Do you plan on having the MSI eventually handle setting up your Python environment?  To me, that was the biggest part of what was missing for Windows.  This is particularly for true for Python dependencies (PyObject, PyGTK, GTKSourceView, etc).  People's eyes tended to glaze over when I told them the steps they needed to get Meld running.

Ah, I could have been clearer... that's *exactly* what the MSI build does! We use cx_freeze and some hackery to get a frozen executable with all of its required DLLs alongside it. The built MSI *should* be all that's required to get a working Window install of Meld.

Now... constructing the DLL list has a significant manual component, so it's entirely possible that I've missed some bits. This is just something that we'll have to iterate on I think.

cheers,
Kai