Re: Meld on Windows

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

Meld now includes support for building a Windows MSI. This is very
early days, but the plan is to make Windows MSIs available for future
3.11.x releases. Build instructions are at:
    https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Meld/BuildingBinaries

Reports of success and failure welcomed, but please consider this to
be an alpha-quality version at best.

Please note that there are several UI and appearance issues with the
GTK 3 version of Meld that I haven't had any time to look at... this
is just about getting an installable Meld on Windows. Any help with
other platform issues (themes, menu bar location, etc.) would be much
appreciated.

I'd also like to thank Keegan Witt for maintaining the Portable Python
bundle of Meld, and helping out with Windows issues. There's obviously
a decently-sized Meld user base on Windows, so hopefully this first
step towards 'official' builds will make people's lives easier.

cheers,
Kai

This is awesome news!

I hope to test the MSI installers as soon as they are available.

For me, the main issue I have with Meld on windows is that there are
quite a few graphical glitches when you scroll the file views quickly
(using the scrollbar). I have not experienced this same problem on
Linux so I guess it is specific to the Windows builds.

Cheers,

Angel