Re: Meld on Windows

Cool!  Do you plan on having the MSI eventually handle setting up your Python environment?  To me, that was the biggest part of what was missing for Windows.  This is particularly for true for Python dependencies (PyObject, PyGTK, GTKSourceView, etc).  People's eyes tended to glaze over when I told them the steps they needed to get Meld running.

-Keegan

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 7:59 PM, Angel Ezquerra <angel ezquerra gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 9:34 PM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
> On 22 March 2014 09:48, Angel Ezquerra <angel ezquerra gmail com> wrote:
>> This is awesome news!
>>
>> I hope to test the MSI installers as soon as they are available.
>
> I don't have any immediate plans to release 3.11.1, but there should
> be an MSI installer that accompanies that.
>
>> For me, the main issue I have with Meld on windows is that there are
>> quite a few graphical glitches when you scroll the file views quickly
>> (using the scrollbar). I have not experienced this same problem on
>> Linux so I guess it is specific to the Windows builds.
>
> That's *probably* (but only probably) GTK itself. We do a bunch of
> weird drawing though, so it could be us. Are you using Meld 1.8.x or
> 3.11.0? There's basically no chance of me looking into non-critical
> 1.8.x issues at this stage.

I have not tried the latest meld version yet. When I do I will let you
know if the problem is gone.

Cheers,

Angel