Re: How to tell meld 1.8.0 to use SVN?

On 18 September 2013 06:50, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 18 September 2013 06:42, Grant Edwards <grant b edwards gmail com> wrote:
FWIW, in my case the SVN root is one directory level higher than the
CVS root, but all directories under the CVS root are also under the
SVN root (both CVS and SVN are valid).

So, should I file a bug?

Yes please! This is a definite issue. I suspect that it only hasn't
been reported because not that many people invoke Meld on
subdirectories of the repo, and not that many people are using CVS or
old SVN.

I've spent a while looking at this, and unfortunately it can only
really be 'solved' by validation/checking of the repositories... which
is not a change that I'm happy to put in 1.8.

I've committed a 'fix' to what will soon become 1.8.1. I'd appreciate
some testing of it, but it works around the problem for me. It won't
fix a similar problem happening with old subversion repositories, but
that does require a more invasive fix.

cheers,
Kai