Re: New feature suggestion for Meld

On 10 September 2013 15:49, Itai Bar-Haim <itaibh gmail com> wrote:
I would like Meld to tell me if two binary files are the same of different.
It can show it as a simple message, no need to display the differences
visually in Hex or any other method (although it might be a nice-to-have,
optional feature).

Yeah our handling of binary files could be a lot nicer. There's an
open bug somewhere to do a hex display, which would be cool but is a
long, long way down the priority list.

However, I'm curious as to when this would be useful. It's hard to
accidentally launch Meld on binary files from the command line, and if
you're launching from a folder or VC comparison, then you already know
whether they're different or not.

cheers,
Kai