Re: Empty comparison windows

OK.  Sorry for the runaround.  I tried to label this as clearly as I could, but users are getting confused between my issue tracker (which I intended to be just for installer and wrapper exe issues) and Meld's issue tracker.  I've asked the reporting user to open a Meld issue, but it could still be an issue on my end, I just took the vanilla PortablePython and maybe PyGTK isn't configured right in it.  If it ends up being my issue, I'll reopen that bug and correct on my end.

And yes, localization issues are always fun to figure out :)

-Keegan

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 1 January 2014 03:30, Keegan Witt <keeganwitt gmail com> wrote:
> One was Chinese, one was Korean.  The guy who was using Korean said changing
> the font instead of using the system's worked.  Do you think anything could
> be done about this?  Should I have him open a Meld bug?

I... guess so? I'll need pretty good instructions to reproduce though,
given that we're talking about setting system language, etc. on
Windows.

I vaguely suspect that the problem is that on Windows we'll just
declare that the system font is "Monospace 10", which the internet
suggests may not work in all locales. However, we only use this font
in a few places such as file comparisons and patch dialogs. I don't
see how this could affect folder comparisons, which makes it extra
weird.

cheers,
Kai