Re: Feature Request: Enabling opening files externally at a particular line number

On 10 April 2013 07:16, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On Apr 10, 2013 6:05 AM, "Konstantin" <starojitski gmail com> wrote:

Kai,

In FileDiff, we can't just use self.cursor; we'll have to get the
cursor line from the buffer pane from which the file is being opened.

I think i got it right this time - see attached patch.diff. Let me know if
i missed something.

Don't know how to proceed further. Am i allowed to commit to repository?

That looks good to me, though I'd like to poke the arg parsing a bit. I'm
currently the only active maintainer with commit privileges, so right now
stuff pretty much comes through me. It would be nice if this changed in the
future, but... yeah.

Anyway, I'm waiting a few days to let current git settle so that translators
can do their thing, and then I'll release 1.7.2. I'll commit your patch as
soon as that's done, and it'll make it to 1.7.3.

I've just pushed this to HEAD, thanks for the patch!

It's unpleasant that we have to disable the content type check for
Windows. However, I couldn't get gio to tell me anything sensible, so
I think that disabling the check is indeed the least worst option for
now.

cheers,
Kai