Re: Meld 1.7.2 released

On 18 April 2013 14:19, Keegan Witt <keeganwitt gmail com> wrote:
If I'm understanding you right, Meld crashes when you launch it.  If so, Kai's probably right and it's a Python install issue.  If you use my installer, it comes with Python so you can leave your existing Python installation alone.  I eat my own dog food, and I don't think you'll find this error with my installer.

However, it does raise a question for me.  Is the icon on the "version control button" correct?  Now that I think about it, it seems a bit of an odd icon (with the red X).  I just wanted to make sure it's not some default fallback.
Does that look right?

That definitely does *not* look right. That's GTK's fallback missing icon. The new VC icon is in SVG format, and apparently GTK on Windows doesn't support SVG out-of-the-box.

I've just committed a fix that moves the svg out of the way in favour of a png of the same file; I'm assuming that Windows will cope fine with this option.

cheers,
Kai