Re: Feature Request: diff projects

On 20 May 2011 00:57, Leo Unglaub <leo leo-unglaub net> wrote:
> Hi,
> maybe i have an idea how to add a select menu of more than 50 "projects" to
> meld. Please see the screenshot i attached.
> If we add a new tab here witch lists all projects in a list or a tree view
> it's very easy to filter the list by typing something. Link in Nautilus if
> you are in the file tree and start typing.

What you propose would certainly work, but I'm not sure that it would
make a good interface, or be widely used. I might be wrong, and if
someone wants to try it out, that would be interesting.

I also think that you could do the same thing with a hacky external
launcher for Meld that just popped up a dialog containing the list of
projects and launched Meld with the appropriate arguments;
interface-wise, I don't think that would be significantly worse. If
someone wants to write that, I'd be open to patching Meld to store the
necessary information (e.g., comparison directory pairs) somewhere
accessible.

> What do you think about this?
> Greetings from Austria
> Leo

Unfortunately, that dialog is something that I've been wanting to get
rid of for years in favour of an open-stuff interface on a new tab;
it's only still there because Gtk's file dialog doesn't have a
files+folders mode.

cheers,
Kai