Re: Feature Request: diff projects

you could also place a file .my_diff_sister_resides_here
pointing to the respective partner folder in every of your
50 project folders. Then have a shell alias something along
diffme='meld . `cat .my_diff_brother_resides_here` &' (plus
error handling, probably).

The work to set it up would be the same
(or twice if you want bi-directional) as
to define the projects in a meld project editor,
and you'd only have to remember one single command!
this assumes however that you'd have a console open
in the project folder everytime you want to diff it.

alternatively, you could have one central file simply
with two paths on every line, use the output of pwd
to regex your way to the correct entry in your project-
linking file and execute meld on that line. this way
you could even use your diffme alias to compare subfolders
if you append the surplus path to both config file line
entries. if you write it as a function you can also
specify the program to execute on those both folders, i.e.
something along the lines of
'generic_two_folder_command meld', which would make it
re-usable with any other two-folder-argument-taking program.

cheers, paul