Re: Feature Request: diff projects

Hi,
maybe i have an idea how to add a select menu of more than 50 "projects" to meld. Please see the screenshot i attached.
If we add a new tab here witch lists all projects in a list or a tree view it's very easy to filter the list by typing something. Link in Nautilus if you are in the file tree and start typing.

What do you think about this?
Greetings from Austria
Leo

Am 2011-05-19 00:09, schrieb Kai:

On 18 May 2011 06:22, Leo Unglaub <leo leo-unglaub net> wrote:
> Hi,
> yes, thats my current workaround, but if you have more that 50 aliases there
> it get a little bit complicated. :) So a GUI wuold be very helpfull. But
> thats my feelings about that, maybe someone has a better idea.
>
> Greetings from Austria
> Leo Unglaub
>
> Am 17.05.2011, 16:16 Uhr, schrieb daspostloch <daspostloch googlemail com>:
>
>> shell aliases?
>>
>> a folder in the taskbar or wherever,
>> containing custom meld startup commands?
>>
>> On 05/17/2011 04:05 PM, Leo Unglaub wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> first of all thanks for this great tool. It really helps me developping
>>> open source software. But in my time working with meld i had an idea
>>> witch would help a lot of developpers. In 90% i use meld to diff the
>>> same folders. So every time i start meld i have to click throw my file
>>> system and select the folders i need. So i thought i would be very nice
>>> if i can create "projects" in meld witch allow me define some folders i
>>> want to work with. That would really speed um my development because i
>>> start meld and select project x and there is my diff. :)
>>>
>>> What do you think about this idea?
>>> I would add a patch for you, but i am a PHP and MONO developper. So, i
>>> am sorry that i can'd write a patch for you.

I don't know how we'd come up with a decent interface that copes with 50 'projects'. Basically, it seems that you'd like recent-files functionality in Meld. We already keep a history of directories and files that you compare. The logical extension of this would be to keep history for pairs (or triplets) that make up a comparison. That's not unreasonable. I'm not sure that it would be particularly usable, but if someone wants to prototype it, that would be great.

Kai

--
Leo Unglaub
Deutenhofenstraße 7

Telefon: 0650 / 6575103
Webseite: http://www.leo-unglaub.net
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeoUnglaub

Gesendet mit Thunderbird / Linux (Ubuntu)