Re: Feature Request: diff projects

On 18 May 2011 06:22, Leo Unglaub <leo leo-unglaub net> wrote:
> Hi,
> yes, thats my current workaround, but if you have more that 50 aliases there
> it get a little bit complicated. :) So a GUI wuold be very helpfull. But
> thats my feelings about that, maybe someone has a better idea.
>
> Greetings from Austria
> Leo Unglaub
>
> Am 17.05.2011, 16:16 Uhr, schrieb daspostloch <daspostloch googlemail com>:
>
>> shell aliases?
>>
>> a folder in the taskbar or wherever,
>> containing custom meld startup commands?
>>
>> On 05/17/2011 04:05 PM, Leo Unglaub wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> first of all thanks for this great tool. It really helps me developping
>>> open source software. But in my time working with meld i had an idea
>>> witch would help a lot of developpers. In 90% i use meld to diff the
>>> same folders. So every time i start meld i have to click throw my file
>>> system and select the folders i need. So i thought i would be very nice
>>> if i can create "projects" in meld witch allow me define some folders i
>>> want to work with. That would really speed um my development because i
>>> start meld and select project x and there is my diff. :)
>>>
>>> What do you think about this idea?
>>> I would add a patch for you, but i am a PHP and MONO developper. So, i
>>> am sorry that i can'd write a patch for you.

I don't know how we'd come up with a decent interface that copes with 50 'projects'. Basically, it seems that you'd like recent-files functionality in Meld. We already keep a history of directories and files that you compare. The logical extension of this would be to keep history for pairs (or triplets) that make up a comparison. That's not unreasonable. I'm not sure that it would be particularly usable, but if someone wants to prototype it, that would be great.

Kai