Re: Current trunk broken for mercurial

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Stephen Kennedy <stevek gnome org> wrote:
>> 2009/3/4 Edwin Vane <revane gmail com>:
>>> With all the recent activity with meld, I checked out the current trunk and
>>> installed it. It doesn't seem to work with my mercurial repositories. I get
>>> this error when I click on a file:
>>> Invoking patch failed, you need GNU patch.
>>> 'patch --strip=1 --reverse --directory=/tmp/tmpSGcFED-meld'
>>
>> The message is a bit misleading because it is displayed even in
>> cases where the problem is not that you don't have GNU patch.
>> The meaning is really this "the patch given by the vc plugin cannot
>> be applied", and this may be for various reasons.
>
> FYI this has happened several times in the past when vcs chop and
> change their patch output format. PATCH_INDEX_RE is usually the
> first place to look.

The message has been fixed to be more informative, but I can reproduce
the original bug, which is not mercurial specific, I get the same problem
with at least git & hg for files not directly located in Vc.root, i.e. all files
that are in subdirectories... I have a workaroud, but I don't know what
else would it break.

But svn seems immune, which might explain why that bug slipped in...

Are there automated regression tests for meld ?
I've seen traces, but not the best itself...

I have another fix for monotone too. I'll sent those this evening.

--
Vincent Legoll