Re: meld and windows

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Stephen Kennedy <stevek gnome org> wrote:
> Hi Kevin, all,
>
> There are two small-ish barriers to meld on windows.
>
> * in the glade files GnomeProgram, GnomeFileEntry, GnomeFileChooser
> need to be ripped out and replaced with the appropriate new gtk
> versions.

Add to the list: GnomeAbout and GnomeFontPicker

Some of this work is at least partially contigent upon various other
bits of updating; from memory, at least the port to GtkUIManager needs
to be completed (so that GnomeApp can die). Replacing GnomeFileEntry
is easy (I think I have it in a branch somewhere), but the new gtk
widgets don't support history, so there's a question about how much
people care about the history, etc.

Anyway, I have some of this (GtkUIManager, GtkAboutDialog) in
progress... if anyone wants my branches, please let me know and I'll
put them up somewhere.

> * gconf and gnomevfs stubs need to be written - meld uses only a tiny
> portion of each API

The gnomevfs stuff could be replaced with gio/gvfs, which should
theoretically work out-of-the-box on windows, but requires glib 2.16,
and for which the python bindings still only exist in SVN, so not
ideal at the moment.

Kai