Re: keymap problem with 4.8.27

On Wed, 10 Nov 2021 19:24:03 +0100 Henning wrote:
Instead I Use f1 to invoke the hotlist becaus ctrl-\ not usable with german keyboard layout.
Also, I invoked search with ctrl-f because alt-? is not usable here.
But it doesn't work any more.

I replaced every keymap file (in /etc/mc, /root/.config/mc and /usr/share/mc) with a link
to my keymap and also copied default.keymaps
out of the way, but to no avail.

So, currently I am changing keymap.c to use my keys. Of course this shouldn't be necessary.

Yes, it isn't necessary.

Before bind a key to another action you should unbind it.
f1 key is bound to for Help action.
ctrl-f is bound to Right action in the command line, which is input line.

Please create ~/.config/mc/mc.keymap with following content:

[filemanager]
# unbind a key (was: Help = f1)
Help =
# bind f1 to the new action
HotList = f1
# bind ctrl-f to the new action
Find = ctrl-f

[input]
# unbind ctrl-f (was: Right = right; alt-right; ctrl-f)
Right = right; alt-right

Unfortunately, after that ctrl-f will not work in all input lines.

--
Andrew