Local-to-dir mcedit prefs or quick profiles?

Hello there,

I'm using mcedit to edit sources in many projects, some of them have
coding conventions that require the sources format to contain tabs
(8-char wide tabs, 4-char, sometimes 2-) and some require tabs to
be filled w/ spaces instead. mcedit works very well w/ this, but unless
I use separate Unix accounts, I don't see how I could switch general
editor options to match coding conventions (won't change options by
hand every time).

What feature or best practice would you suggest in order to quickly
switch mcedit settings (general editor options) according to the file
location? What do you guys do in such situation? (note that I'm using
it for more 15 years, and decide to ask the community about this only
now :-D )

Regards,

--
wwp