Re: Help: meaning of the panelize command in left/right menus

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 01:25:22PM +1300, William Kimber wrote:
Briefly,  if you do a search over several directories you can put all those
files into a single panel. Not withstanding that they are from different
directories.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here; anyway I noticed that if you do a
search using the "Find file" (M-?) command, choose "Panelize" (at the bottom
of the "Find File" popup window), then change to some other directory (thus
exiting from panelized mode), if you now choose Left -> Panelize, you can recall
the panelized view of the last "Find file" results. Is this what you mean?

However this seems to work only with panelized results coming from the
"Find file" command, not with results from the "External panelize" command:
if I change directory, and then choose Left -> Panelize I get an empty panel.
Is this a bug?

Cri