Re: smbfs: questions and issues

On Thu, 5 May 2016, wwp wrote:

I've added a smbfs link to my hotlist, and now I see a bunch of
questions/issues:

Currently, mc's smbfs is currently outdated, insecure and badly broken. At some point, Slava undertook a rewrite, but it was never finished, and apparently nobody is really interested, so whether it will ever happen is an open question, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I would much rather recommend you setting up SMBNetFS, which will resolve all the problems you're mentioning, I believe:

    http://askubuntu.com/a/653913

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev