smbfs: questions and issues

Hello there,

I've added a smbfs link to my hotlist, and now I see a bunch of
questions/issues:

- whatever I added the guest@ prefix to the hostname, mc constantly
  asks for credentials when I switch to that location, I presume this
  is unexpected, unless I did or understood something wrong?

- the credentials dialog asks for user (I would need it blank, but
  'guest' can be used too) AND domain. The default domain 'WORKGROUP' is
  not fine here.
  Is it possible to set a domain too, in the hotlist entry?
  Is it possible to set an empty user in the hotlist entry? It's more a
  rhetorical question, since 'guest' is a possible value here.

- BTW, if I don't change the domain 'WORKGROUP' to the expected one
  'MYHOST.ORG', connecting to the share simple.. works :-). Is it
  expected?

- not only I get a dialog asking for credentials, but I get another one
  right after, asking for credentials for IPC$. Is it normal?

- once connected to a smbfs location, if I get back to the parent dir,
  I see a list of shares from the smb server, good. I can freely
  navigate through them. Then, in the Active VFS directories, I get a
  huge list of duplicates like smb://@HOST/SHARE (where HOST and SHARE
  are my relevant values here, same HOST, different SHAREs I've been
  navigating to). Nota bene: duplicates. Is this expected?

- not only I get duplicates, but I cannot Free them, I need to quit mc
  in order to free them. How can I free them w/o restarting mc?

FYI, mc (compiled from the sources) on a CentOS6 GNU/Linux laptop:

 GNU Midnight Commander 4.8.16
 Built with GLib 2.28.8
 Using the S-Lang library with terminfo database
 With builtin Editor
 With subshell support as default
 With support for background operations
 With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
 With support for X11 events
 With internationalization support
 With multiple codepages support
 Virtual File Systems: cpiofs, tarfs, sfs, extfs, ftpfs, sftpfs, fish, smbfs
 Data types: char: 8; int: 32; long: 64; void *: 64; size_t: 64; off_t: 64;

Regards,

--
wwp