Re: No subshell ifnot root, delayed start with no internet connection

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016, Joerg Thuemmler wrote:

seems to me that's normal a user usually should not be allowed to chown or chmod a /dev/pts/... but I don't have a clue, why that's working on other people's machines.

Well, then it seems that your system is even more botched than I suggested, surely the user *should* be able to control the permissions of the slave pseudoterminal device of the master device he's just requested.

The problem must be happening here:

https://github.com/MidnightCommander/mc/blob/master/src/subshell/common.c#L654

Rob is right that trying to get more help via the distribution support channels is the most promising course of action.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev