Re: No subshell ifnot root, delayed start with no internet connection

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016, Joerg Thuemmler wrote:

Maybe it's a stupid, well known thing, but if I'm using a newer version of mc (e.g. 4.8.13) and I'm not root, I have no subshell, C-o works, but immediately vanishes if I press a key. Same thing with mc -U. If I'm root, subshell works, setting /usr/bin/mc setuid works too, but is not wanted... Is there a user group I have to be in or some other user rights limitation I have to change?

Apparently the shell you have as a user is not detected properly.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev