Re: "mc is over!?" - post by Ilia Maslakov

Wow, I've been using mc for 20 years, I never realized there was a
risk of it going away.  I've got about 6 instances open now in
different panes of my desktop.  I thought it was maintained by a
committee.

I'm retired and mostly write C but I've never really looked at the
code.  I run it mostly under OpenBSD and build from sources, sometimes
a Debian binary, in the really old days Slackware.  I don't know that
I'd commit to 20 hours a week but I'd try to help.  I've been
programming on and off since 1968 in one language or another.  I've
got a resume at http://devio.us/~ab1jx/files/resume.pdf  I can imagine
it takes a while to absorb what variables and structs are doing what
and it's best to stay immersed in it once you work that out.  I've
never done anything with m4, I'm not even good with makefiles.  How
you can type "make install" in Open or FreeBSD and everything just
works is a miracle to me.  I just write small stuff, not more than
maybe 3 C files.  I'd probably break something.
--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX