Re: mc to access remote file-system?

On Sat, 4 Jan 2014, chris glur wrote:

To: mc gnome org
From: chris glur <crglur gmail com>
Subject: mc to access remote file-system?

I've got mc on a X86:PC and on a ARM:rPi,
which are interconnected via an ethernet-cable.

`scp` & `rsync` seem to need me to move between
the hardware.

I'd much prefer to stay seated at the PC, and
have a mc-view of the rPi's file-system.

Can I do that?
How does mc:ftp work?

And what about running the RPi's `gcc` from the PC?
ssh seems to have a zillion options.

Hi Chris.

I do this as root user by using ssh login to a remote machine from my laptop over a wired ethernet LAN. I can then run any program on the remote machine, including mc, and get the output displayed on my laptop.

http://linuxcommando.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/x11-forwarding-over-ssh-run-remote.html

HTH

Keith Roberts

Website: