Re: mc Digest, Vol 102, Issue 3

Hallo, Holger,

Du meintest am 15.10.12 zum Thema Re: mc Digest, Vol 102, Issue 3:

I do all my coding in mcedit, I usually have about 8 windows with mc
opened and copying between them is important to me. I usually use
shift-mouse method.

[top post and full quote reordered]

To copy text from one mcedit instance to another, mark the text via
[F3], copy it to a file (dflt: .mc/cedit/cooledit.clip) via
[ctl]+[f], switch to the other mcedit and load the text via [F15]
(maybe [shift]+[F3]). This will work for all instances of mcedit if
run by the same user.

In newer versions of "mc" "ctrl f" writes per default into

        ~/.local/share/mc/mcedit/mcedit.clip

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut