Re: #7) Sorry to post mailtest(s) but lately my post don't get there...

It would appear that on Aug 6, Keith Roberts did say:

To: "Joe(theWordy)Philbrook" <jtwdyp gmx com>
Cc: Mc gnome org
From: Keith Roberts <keith karsites net>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 18:57:17 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: #7) Sorry to post mailtest(s) but lately my post don't get
    there...

To: Mc gnome org
From: "Joe(theWordy)Philbrook" <jtwdyp gmx com>
Subject: #7) Sorry to post mailtest(s) but lately my post don't get there...

gmane.comp.gnome.apps.mc.general is read only so must post via Mc gnome org

For this attempt I've added a mc subscription to my new freemail email
address
This it the first attempt with that subscribed address...
==================<snip>=====================

Do you get any bounces from the list, saying your emails to this list cannot
be delivered?

I got exactly one bounce mail notice. That was the first time I tried to
send using my NEW broadband ISP's SMTP server of mail.myfairpoint.net Though
the bounce message actually came from MAILER-DAEMON mail10c26 carrierzone com
(which due to a previous foray into fairpoint's "tech" help I knew that
there was a link between carrierzone.com & myfairpoint.net...)

Anyway the one bounce specified the UCEProtect thing... I've since
creatively modified that link to point at my original (now back-up in case
I need to use dial-up and keeping my long standing, subscribed to everything
with, Email account valid for cheap: ttlc.net's ip and it seems UCEProtect
list them also. So I added a third subscription to the mc list using a
non-isp "free" email provided by GMX.com and was once again able to post.
Then A funny thing happened... While I was composing this, a test message I
sent hours ago from the myfairpoint.net account suddenly made it through
the gauntlet... Wonder if that means the Email I sent to their POSTMASTER
actually did any good??? So far no such luck with ttlc.net.  <sigh>

There have been problems for some of us trying to post to this list, as for
some strange reason * gnome org started to use the UCEprotect service to
filter out spam to their email lists. My ISP and some others were blocked from
posting to mc gnome org list for several weeks. However the problem appears to
be sorted for myself now - not sure about others on the list that had this
problem though.

Well anyway that's what happened to me...

I don't personally think very highly of UCEProtect. and really wish there was a
way to convince gnome.org's postmaster NOT to subscribe to it...
I'm configuring my email client to default to using the GMX account, And that
should work. Until/unless gmx.com gets listed someday. If that happens I
think I'll give up.