Midnight Commander is my favorite FTP tool But is SFTP possible??

Hello. First let me say that I'm quite addicted to using MC for almost every
file manipulation I ever would want to do. This includes FTP. Which is
great for anonymous FTP but sometimes I need SFTP so that I can
authenticate myself to some server without transmitting my password
in clear text...

Is this possible with MC?

If not are there any plans to implement such a thing??

It would be awesome...