Re: File Transfers

On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 09:03 +1200, William Kimber wrote:
On Saturday 23 April 2011 22:57:28 you wrote:
On Sat, 2011-04-23 at 09:57 +1200, William Kimber wrote:
Also when fish is buffering and copying it is at about a tenth or
less of the speed that the network runs at.

What do you mean by "at about tenth ..."? Are you including the
buffering stage in the calculation?

Yes I am including the buffering.  Actually it is probably more like 50
times slower overall rather than 10 times.  It is on local 100M ethernet
connection.

Then you must be kidding me. What buffering has to do at all with your
network speed? It's a constant overhead defined by your file size and
local filesystem read/write speed.

It seems to not work properly if the harddrive is filled,

Of course it won't work for properly if you are running out of space.

Is there any way to stop it once you have started the transfer?

Not at the moment, but as far as I know Ilya was struggling to implement
something like this in the development version.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev