Re: File Transfers

Apologies to all this did not get copied to list.

Will

On Sunday 24 April 2011 22:16:19 you wrote:
On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 09:51 +1200, William Kimber wrote:
For some reason newer Linux distro's seem set to refuse ssh and I
haven't figured out how  to change it .  If I could I would use the
machine being transferred to as local which avoids the trouble.

You can use sshfs to mount remote file system as local if buffering is
such an issue for you.

Thanks, that solves the problem. With 1Gb of free space on partition and
files over 1,5Gb buffering doesn't work.

I'm not an expert on computers and sshfs is something I haven't used
before.

I cannot figure out how to change the IPtables and get to work. Installed
Guarddog and turned off the firewall but it didn't fix problem of not
being able to use ssh the other way.

Thanks William