Re: Specifiying a skin in ini

Michael Dukelsky wrote:
08.10.2010 14:17, Andrew Borodin wrote:
I've tried to setup a skin in ~/.mc/ini using several ways:

1) skin=gotar
2) skin=gotar.ini
3) skin=/usr/share/mc/skins/gotar.ini

Everything works fine for me.

It is important to edit ~/.mc/ini not in the internal mc editor. I tried it with mcedit and it did not work: after mc is started, the skin returns to the default. But when I edited the file in nano it worked fine.

Makes no difference here. I've got this in my ~/.mc/ini

[Midnight-Commander]
skin=~/.mc/skins/nicedark
verbose=1
pause_after_run=1
shell_patterns=1
auto_save_setup=0
auto_menu=0

And I'm still getting the default ini. The skin is in the correct place, and I can't see anything that could affect it, but it doesn't work for me.....

Paul.