Re: Specifiying a skin in ini

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 17:26:38 +0400 Michael Dukelsky wrote:
It is important to edit ~/.mc/ini not in the internal mc editor.
I tried it with mcedit and it did not work: after mc is started, the
skin returns to the default.

Because you use autosave setup. When mc finishes, it saves its current
state to the ~/.mc/ini. All modifies in ini maken by any editor are lost.

But when I edited the file in nano it worked fine.

You can use mcedit as well if you switch off the autosave setup.

--
Andrew