Re: How to change the defaults for file highlighting?

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:35:12 -0600 (CST) Theodore Kilgore wrote:
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009, Andrew Borodin wrote:
Since 11/18/2009 all options of "Select/Unselect group" dialog are
saved in 'select_flags' ini option (see http://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/1776).

1. Precisely to which version of the code does this patch pertain?
I see there "4.70" and "4.70-pre4"

mc-4.7.0-pre4 was released before 11/18/2009. You should use the snapshot
of current git master branch or just wait for a week (or two) for final
4.7.0 release.

2. How will things be different after the patch, exactly? What happens
right now is:

First time I open MC and do a highlighting, it by default marks
everything, including directories. Then I have to tick the box for
Files only, and it gets remembered for the entire session. I mean, if I
later on do a highlighting again, my previous choice is remembered,
though not recorded anywhere that I can find.
So from what I understand you have now made this more permanent by
providing a tie-in to the ini file?

Yes. If option "Auto save setup" is off, ~/.mc/ini file will not be
rewritten after quit from mc, and your settings will be stored
permanently.

--
Andrew.