How to change the defaults for file highlighting?

Until very recently in the history of MC, file highlighting with Keypad-Plus highlighted only files. Now this behavior has been changed. A dialog box comes up which has a couple of useful features and one feature which from my perspective is both useless and irritating, especially since I became used to the opposite behavior for the previous ten years of constant desktop use of MC. This one

 [ ] Files only

Since it has been decided that a dialog for this "feature" has to be there, is there any configuration option by which one can change the default choice to be

 [x] Files only

instead of

 [ ] Files only

?

If there is such an option, I have not succeeded in finding it.

Theodore Kilgore