Re: Mc Digest, Vol 68, Issue 11

Praise is also due to mc-directors for selecting cooledit as the default editor.

I've set-up cooleditor's: Cmd X to transform:-------

But I've almost always been disappointed by the fact that in
dog+ spurious > in mid-line   remove    multi-spaces
    > xterm and/or konsole, I've been unable to find a key binding
    > shrtline2
that will copy the full path name of the currently selected
shrtline-3
file to the command line.

    to the cleaned up format of:

But I've almost always been disappointed by the fact that in
dog+ spurious in mid-line remove multi-spaces xterm and/or
konsole, I've been unable to find a key binding shrtline2
that will copy the full path name of the currently selected
shrtline-3 file to the command line.

   by modifing the 'External formatter' script; which I can't re-find
right now?!
---------------
When I find the dir, I want to modify 'Format paragraph: M-p" to:
<append the marked text to fixed file>.

So now I see: /usr/lib/mc/cedit.menu
which is clearly a <template menu for: perl, shell, C, your-own..languages>.

I've long held that you shouldn't have to write the language 'per syntax', but
should just be able to pick-off the constructs:'If, While, Case..Function..etc.'
and just fill-in the arguments.

Apparently cedit.menu goes in this direction by providing the syntax templates,
which are then just filled in.

Q. how do we access this facility ?

Cooledit's syntax hi-lighting is great too.

The beauty of working with a mc/cooledit system-type is that you can continually
 refine and tune for increased productivety, instead of being locked-in to some
 product/format.