Re: alternative key-binding to "C-Shift-Enter" for use in xterms?

It would appear that on Dec 17, Yury V. Zaytsev did say:

xterm lacks configurability in this sense, but you should be able to
set console to allow anything, even if it means rearranging some key
combos taken by it or KDE (since mc keys are not configurable).

???

http://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/212

If I understand any of that, then the key to modifying the keys in mc is
modifying some "mc.keymap" file which I don't seem to have...

Am I right in presuming that to do this with mc 4.6.2-pre1 I would have to
download and compile a patch into mc???

If that's the case I'll wait for it to trickle down to the "linux distro"
stock versions of mc. Especially now that I'm aware of the ability to
extract the path of the current dir via ctrl-X p.

Thanks for the clue.