Re: mc and firefox

Hi Dominique,

Dominique Michel <dominique michel citycable ch> wrote:
Frank Dietrich <ABLEsoft gmx de> a Ãcrit :
Dominique Michel <dominique michel citycable ch> wrote:
I am very happy with mc as filemanager, but I have a problem when
lauching some of my local html files. When the filename or the
path contain a space, I just get an error message from firefox,
and the URL it is traying to load is stopping at the first space.

# html
regex/\.([hH][tT][mM][lL]?)$
      Open=(if test -n "gnome-moz-remote" && test -n "$DISPLAY";
      then
(gnome-moz-remote file://%d/%p &) 1>&2; else links %f || lynx
-force_html %f || ${PAGER:-more} %f; fi) 2>/dev/null

I also try:
      Open=(firefox "%d%p") 1>&2 &
and
      Open=firefox "%f" 1>&2 &

I also try with and without double quotes around %f and %d%p. And
with and without the 1>&2 & part.

But I am not sure that the problem reside with mc, because I get
exactly the same false behaviour if I run into the console:

firefox "/path to the/file with some space.html"

Does it work if you replace the blanks with %20
   firefox "/path%20to%20the/file%20with%20some%20space.html"

Is firefox the firefox binary or some kind of wrapper script to start
the fifefox?

   file `which firefox`

regards
Frank
--
Petroleum and coffee had no value a few centuries ago.