mc on Mac

Norton Commander made DOS usable. FC/2 made OS/2 usable. MC made Linux usable. MC as installed hasn't made
Mac usable. I installed the Fink MC package on 10.3.9. Run in terminal from the command line,
the function keys need the CMD key to do their job. Other shifted and unshifted keys seem to either be
completely ignored, or captured by the OS. I can't select files with the INS key. Anyone know how
to make MC usable on a Mac? Does Mac have virtual terminals on which MC could be run full screen?
--
"Respect everyone."     I Peter 2:17 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409