Re: mc on Mac

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 21:15:51 -0400
Von: Felix Miata
Betreff: mc on Mac

Norton Commander made DOS usable. FC/2 made OS/2 usable. MC made Linux
usable. MC as installed hasn't made Mac usable. I installed the Fink MC
package on 10.3.9. Run in terminal from the command line,
the function keys need the CMD key to do their job. Other shifted and
unshifted keys seem to either be completely ignored, or captured by the OS. I
can't select files with the INS key. Anyone know how
to make MC usable on a Mac? Does Mac have virtual terminals on which MC
could be run full screen?

Perhaps you should try running MC in iTerm. I haven't tried that myself so I don't know whether it will help
or not. In any case MC doesn't know how to read the keyboard modifiers on Mac. If I find some programming
manual on how to read the keyboard modifiers I'll add the necessary code.